A tornado could have winds around an unbelievable 300 miles and have a course of around 50 miles! They hit with little warning, thus we can’t stress enough how important it’s to prepare! Here we give you hints regarding things to do before, during and after a tornado strikes.
Image Source: Google
O you understand your tornado warning signals? The first thing you should know is the Way to identify a tornado and know the following details:
- Can occur at any time of the year.
- Can seem transparent till they pick up debris and dust.
Here isn’t a home out there which could withstand a direct hit by a tornado; however, shoring up your property will allow it to survive if it is from the tornado’s path. As important is having a secure area for your own family to hunker down through the tornado. Including Baths, outside underground shelters, secure rooms, and garage shelters. Following are a few ideas you should use as a crisis preparedness principle. You can get more details aboutSaferooms via https://texasstormshelter.com/types-of-shelters/above-ground-safe-room/.
- Make certain family members know what to do in the event of a tornado, such as designating a crisis meeting place and picking who takes control of household pets.
- Prove adult and adolescent family members where electric, gas and water shut-offs are situated and how to turn them off. Be certain that the appropriate tools are in the ready.
- Install durable wood or metal stiffeners in your door. Or get hold of the doorway maker about temporary supports it is simple to attach and remove.
- Make certain your roof covering and sheathing under it can withstand high winds.
- Consider replacing dirt and stone landscaping using mulch or shredded bark, which is deadly in high winds. Pay special attention to dead or weak branches that may fall on your house.
- You ought to perform the following if circumstances are Ideal for a tornado in the region:
- Switch off all utilities.
- If it is secure, move outdoor grills and furniture inside.
- Take refuge!
- In case you don’t possess a storm shield or cellar, lean a mattress from the walls of this room you are in.
- Do not open your windows. Keep the rain and wind out.
- Have flashlights all set.